From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 10:11 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Capacitance HELP

Original poster: Allan & Sandra <allan_sandra@xxxxxxxxx>

HI List
From
Al Scott
Ok Here goes
UF - what does the u stand for if the f stands for Farads i know there is
nanofarads =NF Picofarads = PF When you use the capacitance formula for a
plate type cap your answer is in Picofarads, now if i wanted to make a cap
with a value of 30NF my problem is i would like to know what all of the
different units are - UF,PF,NF,MF,F,MFD, ect.and in what order and where
they are before and after the decimal point.
How many PF's are in a UF or NF
which one of these is closest to the right of the decimal point and what
ones are the farthest and what ones are in between and in what order and
what ones did i mis if any.

Like a metric ruler you have MM  CM  ect. right up to Km or what ever is
before MM I have always hated metric Thanks in Advance