From: High Voltage list [mailto:hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:01 AM
To: hvlist
Subject: Re: Saturable Reactors (fwd)

Original poster: Steven Roys <sroys@xxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:19:19 -0500
From: Bob Paddock <bob.paddock@xxxxxxxxx>
To: High Voltage list <hvlist@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Saturable Reactors

On Friday 23 December 2005 11:18 am,  Carl Litton wrote:

> Does anyone (Doc, Peter, Jim, etc.) on this list have any experience
> building saturable reactors for ballasting purposes?

I wrote a couple of papers that touched on these a few years ago
for Circuit Cellar Online.  Look at the "High Voltage" and "Metglas
(Applications of Amorphous Metals)" papers in the table near the bottom
of the page at:

http://www.designer-iii.com/

Many of the links no longer work as the papers where written a long time
ago in Internet Time, but still has some useful SR info.