Re: cornell or cornel? : )))

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz" <mark_w_stolz@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All,

I have to concur with Bart about a generational difference. I too bought caps back when from the Geek Group and they had a different appearence from those recently bought. Here is a page with pictures of both.
http://teslacoils4christ.org/mark.stolz/capacitor/cdecaps.htm

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Stolz
Pearland, TX
http://teslacoils4christ.org/

Looks like it's from the first batch of the original 942C caps (see labeling). I was the first to buy Geek Group MMC's way back whenever, and the writing looks the same, however, the ends of the roll were ok on my caps. Here's a pic of what my caps look like (ignore the polyurethane spillage over the caps [pulled from an earlier "stupid" idea]). These caps, although not pretty, have stood the test of time (and sparks). I filled the neighborhood with ozone last week on this same cap bank.

http://www.classictesla.com/photos/mmc/mmc4.jpg

My opinion (FWIW), is they are an early version of the 942C series and the internal's are fine, but I agree, their outer appearance is crap. If cosmetics are of concern (and they certainly are to some folks), then I would return them and buy elsewhere (if possible). If that's not possible (or economical), then unwrap the outer sheath and give them a nice paint.

Take care,
Bart