Re: Help with making SRSG phase control work?

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 1/25/06 2:24:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: Esondrmn@xxxxxxx

Scott H. sent me a message inquiring if I really had a salient pole
Oriental Motor.  He said the company tells him that they have never
made any salient pole motors.  The data sheet actually says "Reaction
Synchronous Motor".  So maybe it is a hysteresis motor after all?  I
clearly have salient pole written in my notebook - maybe it was
advertised that way from C & H Sales.  I can't absolutely testify
that it starts in the same place everytime.  It is 1,800 rpm and I
use a rotor with 8 electrodes at 240 bps so perhaps I would not know
the difference.

Ed Sonderman

Ed, Phil,

If I remember correctly I used a 3uF or 4uF phase shift cap on
this small type of Oriental motor that Phill has and it worked
fine with the phase shifter circuit.  It always started at the
same phase position.  A 30uF cap would be much
too large and would not work satisfactorily.  It is not a hysteresis
motor if it's the same as the one I have.  I think a reaction
sync motor is basically the same as a salient pole type.

John