Re: Help with making SRSG phase control work?

At 05:03 PM 1/25/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
In a message dated 1/25/06 2:24:51 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Scott H. sent me a message inquiring if I really had a salient pole
>Oriental Motor.

Scott was kind enough to send a lengthy e-mail to me as well. I hope he'll understand if we continue the discussion in public, as I feel it's a perfectly relevant topic.

>He said the company tells him that they have never
>made any salient pole motors.

Is "Oriental" a manufacturer, importer, distributor, or generic term for these brands?

Oriental is a manufacturer of stepper and other motors.

> The data sheet actually says "Reaction Synchronous Motor".

    What exactly is a "reaction" synchronous motor, anyhow?

probably a mistranslation? Perhaps reluctance? (as in a type of stepper motors with a soft iron unmagnetized core)