Re: Multiple Toroids (was: 48KWATT DRSSTC Warmup)

Original poster: wysock@xxxxxxx
Hello Gerry and all.

13M on TV?  Good question.  Believe me, I'd like nothing more then to do
just that!  Better still, a "big gun" Tesla coil "shoot-out" with all the major
players on this list participating, and have it all captured for a special TV
show.  Right now, seems to be nothing more then a "pipe dream".  Here's
a few statistics about 13M.

1)  I pay more then $480 per month, just to keep 13M in safe storage.
2)  Cost for two-way transport set-up/tear-down for a 1-time event ~$10K
3)  Corporate sponsorship for an event this size is today, non-existant (IMO).
4)  Liability insurance.  I am the Chief Engineer of KVa Effects (who has the
required insurance), but no budget to put on a show of this scale, without
     external sponsorship.

I can tell you this. Model 13M has yet to finish its useful life, while it is still in
my hands.  The white paper on my web site will tell you about the
(now long overdue) planned improvements for this coil, and I still believe
there will come a day, when this will come true.

Best regards,
Bill Wysock.