Re: Help with making SRSG phase control work?

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 1/28/06 8:33:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I took mine apart to have a look, has a 2.5 ufd  run cap and says
Molon, reluctance synchronous 1800 rpm .28A impedence protected on
the label. The armature is laminated and solid but it has 8
rectangular aluminum(?) protrusions on each end. Also the protrusions
are not exactly lined up comparing ends, maybe around 3-5 degrees off
the other. God I hope I don't have to grind it, whole point of trying
to find a synch motor to begin with. Maybe if I just dremel off every
other protrusion if not salient?

Mike

Mike,

Since your motor is already a sync motor, I don't see any need
to modify it.  The aluminum protrusions are probably just a fan
for cooling the motor.  It should be salient as is.  You can easily
check it for that to make sure as I described.

John