More primary L needed

Original poster: "Mike Tucknott" <michael.tucknott@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All

I`v done the calc and I`v found that I need more primary to get the system to tune. OK so adding more primary C is not an option also there is no room to add an extra turn on to the primary, so I built a small inductor out of 14 turns of thick insulated copper wire about 3" dia in the centre is a soft iron core made up of ferrous rods.

This plus the primary coil give just over the required inductance.

What are peoples thoughts on this ? method and construction.

Cheers Mike

Smokin in south Oxfordshire UK
<http://freespace.virgin.net/michael.tucknott/tesla.htm>http://freespace.virgin.net/michael.tucknott/tesla.htm