Re: Iron transformer positioning under the primary experiment

Hi Again,

I put a piece of copper under the primary like this:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/SISG-coil/PrimaryQ-10.jpg

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/SISG-coil/PrimaryQ-11.jpg

It hardly made any difference!!! The magnetic fields around the primary must stay very close the the coil!! I don't know if there are any magnetic field mapping programs out there that could show this?

But it appears you can put metal objects really near the primary!!

Cheers,

       Terry"

Your copper sheets will have high conductivity and low loss even though they are coupling to the primary enough to reduce the inductance. I would think they would also provide eddy-current shielding of a transformer immediately below.

Ed