RE: Iron transformer positioning under the primary experiment

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Hi Dr:

I'm curious why you suggest that a Terry filter is of no value if it's
under the primary coil.  If the NST(s) were located remotely from the
coil assembly, then I'd agree that locating the filter under the primary
is bad, but only because it's distant from the NST's.  But if the NST is
also close to the primary, I don't see how the filter's proximity to the
primary compromises its effectiveness.  Or were you just cautioning not
to locate the filter far from the NST's?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA