Re: Yokogawa Power Primer

Original poster: Sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx
DC

The WT2010 (single phase) will read up to 600V, and 30A directly
(at 240VAC 7.2kW without PT's or CT's).  WT2030 has three "elements"
(V and I inputs) and can measure 3 phase power.  Will use all standard
PT's an CT's so with math scaling can measure accurately to MegaWatts
(NO BS).  Has on board integrator so it can also read load energy
(from Watt-secs to Mega-Watt Hours).

The key to the accuracy/repeatability of instrument is the current
measuring shunt (NIST traceable -- 6 milliohms) section in the instrument
plus use of separate farady cages between V and I inputs and digital
sections for noise and EMI/RFI isolation and rejection.

Bandwidth is DC and 2Hz to 500KHz, 16Bit A/D section 0.03% of
reading +0.03% of range basic instrument accuracy. A QUALITY built instrument, ideal for production / field use. I'm not aware of another
instrument by ANY manufacturer that comes close to its specifications
for typical electrical power measurements.  That's why it is king
(literally) among utilities.

See below URL for more info on unit.

http://www.yokogawa.com/tm/wtpz/wt2010/tm-wt2010_01.htm

I have used these instruments for better then 10 years, and they
are in a league by themselves.

Best Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA. USA