Re: A new mini-coil competition winner!

Hi,

At 05:32 AM 6/7/2006, you wrote:

Hi John. I'm beginning to lean toward your theory more. I do not think there is any "breakthrough" in efficiency with this coil.

Coils that double fire or fire say 5 times and then pause for 1/120th of a second seems to arc further. They sort of add power like a CW coil but have the important disruptive pause of a 120 BPS coil. It is not obvious what that is doing to streamer formation... Now that we can study coils more closely, this effect seems to be "jumping out" at us ;-)

I may have to get out the DRSSTC and look into that. It has computerized firing control so such things can just be programmed in...

Cheers,

        Terry