Re: Holy Crap!

Original poster: mercurus2000 <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

Terry, could you tell me how to set up the electrodes for this experiment? I'm having a hard time figure out just what this insulator around the wire is supposed to be in the diagram..

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: mercurus2000 <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx>

You know what's amazing, look how close the setup is to the computer, and it didn't fry it, I would have thought something like that would cause some major interference.
Tesla list wrote:Neat!

There's also a German article with a short setup diagram at
  http://www.ipp.mpg.de/ippcms/de/presse/pi/05_06_pi.html
and a short ~2MB video of the bang at
  http://www.ipp.mpg.de/ippcms/de/presse/pi/05_06_kugelblitz.mpg

Pity that it is not a "contained" plasma ball, more like a plasma "smoke ring". Interesting though that the plasma is greenish. Maybe due to ionized natrium / chlorine from the salt water. Wonder if other salts would result in other colours :-)

The German site's diagram shows a 5 kV DC supply and 500uF capacitor bank, that's a few kJ, and more like can crusher than tesla coil.

cheers,
 - Jan