Re: A new mini-coil competition winner!

Hi Gary,

There's nothing wrong with the rules you setup. The contest is just not what the impression I got when the first post was made. I still dont know why contestants would not go for 50ma since that seems to be allowed. Do you allow 4K 50ma transformers unmodified?? BTW, congradulations to Karl for the current record. I only could get 6 inches from a 4.5K 20ma plate transformer

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Just as anyone participating in a foot race without wearing sneakers
would be at a disadvantage.  The point of the competition was to see how
well one may do if we all start with the same PSU.  Granted, if everyone
used an unmodified 4/20, we'd have a better idea of what other factors
resulted in superior performance.  But I didn't want to require
contestants to hobble the performance of their coils by not allowing
shunt removal.  More entries were likely if folks were satisfied with
the resulting performance. And if the resulting experience improves our
understanding of how much de-shunting is possible, we'll have better
coils for that.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA