Re: Ballast ?

Hi Rich,

The ballast use probably wont work on 240 since the NST was designed for 120 in terms of core satuation. Two in series might work depending on what current you are after. You might try to melt the tar in an oven. Often this will reflow any carbon tracking and restore the NST (assuming that is what's wrong). Also, you could remove the tar and guts, clean it up, find what's wrong with it and fix it, and then make a case to emerse it into oil (no more fragile NST.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Rich & DJ" <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have a Jefferson/Magnetek transformer, 15Kv 60ma, 120v primary.. The secondary is bad, it has some nice 10ga wire for the primary. Would it be possible to use just the primary as a ballast on 240v , with out the secondary?
This unit has no removable shunts for adjustment that I can see.

Rich