RE: DRSSTC III Success 48" arcs from a 12" secondary!

Hi Dan,

I can't tell you how MUCH this HELPS!!! :-)))) Knowing that the buss is 400V (+- 200V in the model case) and the arcs are occurring in the ~100uS time range changes a number of "guess" variables and fixes MANY things :-))))))) The models is "locking on" now ;-)))) Bwahahahhaha!!! Your coil has a high quality factor that I can "advantage"... No definition... But it means something to "me" ;-))) I was estimating that way low before... Sort of an if all limits are removed, how "high could it go" thing... You probably know what I mean...

I am very interested in top voltages as from an antenna since that will define how long the streamer persists and when it "goes out"... I can set streamer "turn off" as I please but I don't know what is "right"... I and Steve have noted this "recharging" effect:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/files/scantesla/DanCoil-01.gif

Probably primary current or "whatever" will show this too... Interested in measured coil power too since that further defines things ;-)))

That tells a lot about when the streamer "goes out" while there is "still a little energy" left in the coil. Many options for predicting that, but I don't know "which one"...

I think it was Steve Ward or Jimmy who re-enabled the drive during the bang if the current went low... That is trivial to model but can be "noise" if that is not the "real situation" ;-)

Weeeeeee!!!

Once I get the new model working, you won't need the "real" coil anymore :O)))))

BTW - I am getting best tune at 7.46uH primary rather than the 7.1 or 7.2 range (700 amp limit) if that means anything (probably not)... The program has an obnoxious habit of being able to "tune" far better than reality... It likes to "plan" streamer to ground hits at low primary circuit power nulls for best advantage. More easily said than done in the "real world"....

Cheers,

        Terry