Re: Re: exploding wire

Original poster: <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

Perhaps I should not say the following if Terry things its unwise just delete it. I strongly do not suggest anyone but an experienced and trained lunatic try the following
For those capless or cappoor people that don't have kJ caps  around LOL

In the UK ,220v land you can make a nice bang by plugging a short(3in)piece of thin wire (a little bit thinner than the ring fuse) in to a 13A outlet with a plug that has its fuse bypassed. 13A sockets can be on a 50 amp ring main. Cooker outlets work even better. You have to be carful not to blow the main fuse. If you use the switch on the socket be warned it can weld closed.
The ends of fluorescent tubes with intact filaments make a very bright flash.

In US 110v land this does not work well on the average socket probably due to the 15A breaker and 110V.

Perhaps a 220V A/C outlet would do the job. But again if the main fuse goes oops or the breaker welds.

Bob