From: Tesla list
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:41 AM
Subject: Foam toroid?

Original poster: Tesla Coil list
<tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So I'm sitting here playing with JavaTC and thinking about differnt
top loads I could use for my first coil, and something came to mind.

Has anyone used a "styrofoam" craft ring/wreath? they're not really
the puffed polystyrene like real styrofoam, it's that hard crumbly
white foam.... it's sold at craft stores in various shapes... eggs,
cones, spheres, flats, etc.... but I have seen various sizes of rings
made of the same stuff....

So has anyone used this, wrapped in foil and Al tape? How does it
work compared to the dryer duct?

Thanks,

-Doug