Re: Sizing capacitors

Original poster: David Speck <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

And the wire will not be cheap, either! I walked through the local Lowe's this afternoon, and a single 250 foot coil of 12/2 w/ground Romex house wire was $109.00 =:^o When I started to build my house 11 years ago, I paid between $19 and $24 per coil If you need wire, buy it now, before the prices go outta sight!

Dave

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm presently experimenting with some neat 2 x 2 x 12 inch supercil M6 grain oriented cores to develop a straight core type of current limiter for MOTs and PTs. The final design may contain 200-300 turns of #12 or # 14 AWG wire but should provide good series current limiting reactance for PT powered systems.

I also have made up some 3 x 3 x 20 inch long straight cores that I will be winding up with some #10 AWG for current limiting testing with pole pigs. The bad news is these cores are not cheap due to the high price of this special steel --- over $200 per core!

Dr. Resonance