Re: OT: help with motor run capacitor sizing

Original poster: <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi David,

I don't  think anyone replied to you so.

There is probably no one formula is it would be dependent on the L R ratio of your winding.

You could try putting a diode in series with each winding. The idea being that each winding is powered by alternative half cycles. You may have to do this at a lower supply voltage because the L of the windings will not limit the current.

Bob