Re: Jacob's Ladders, (was: "Power factor correction")

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The spikes I measured were very short in duration,
like little vertical lines on the scope when I was set
at 1ms/div or something close.  I didn't spend much
time studying them, however, because I didn't want to
fry anything else!  When I saw them, and saw that they
were topping out at like 600V, I vaguely recall
uttering some expletive and shutting the whole
operation down as quickly as I could manage :-)

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE