Re: What do I do ?

Hi Bart,

I monitor the current in two places - right out of the variac and going into the pig. Without any PFC, the two currents should be the same and they aren't. I have reduced the difference by changing the wire routing but I also suspect the two meters just plain "dont read the same". When I get to it, I will swap the meters to see if the difference follows the meters or is dependent on where the meters are located. Anyway, let us know if the twisted pairs helps.

Gerry R.

Hi Gerry,

I'll try the twisted pair. If I manage to pull out the 8.5" coil for the 4th, I'll make this change and see if it helps. The RG8 is a good idea here for moderate to low power coils.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Bart,

I think a twisted pair would be a better solution. Maybe we ought to use RG8 coax :o)) I did improve my measurements by reducing the current loops but then again, I had some pretty large loops to begin with.

Gerry R.

Hi Gerry,

Regarding the H fields on amp meters: A couple years ago I rewired my control cabinet and routed the high current lines to and from the amp together, but this made no difference. They are routed side by side. Maybe a twisted-pair solution is necessary to reduce the H field influence?

Take care,
Bart