RE: Gluing polycarbonate?

Original poster: "Rich & DJ" <rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi guys, I like it when you ask a nonelectrical question so I can
provide an answer. The best "glue" is not a glue but a solvent, one
brand is Plastruct's plastic weld. You mate the poly, ABS, styrene or
acrylic with a good joint and then the solvent can be applied to the
edge or the joint. It flows through the joint with a capillary action.
Set in minuets but dry over night before applying a load. The main
ingredient is Trichloromethane, it is a clear liquid. You can get it at
any good trains and planes hobby shop, not toy shop as they don't sell
it to kids. They are several brands but don't let then try to sell you
the thick stuff in a tube. This is a "plastic solvent cement" in a
bottle, about $2.00 and ounce.

Rich, from the middle of Missouri

Subject: Gluing polycarbonate?

What sort of glue will mate them???  I hear "super glue" reacts bad
with water in polycarb to make it all frosty.  Many things "don't
stick".  I am thinking epoxy or "gorilla glue".  Rather not use
anything that has a terrible smell since it is indoors...