Re: Metal traces in PVC pipe?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 6/30/06 5:10:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Is there anyone on the list familiar with the manufacture or other means
that might explain the presence of such metal fragments within the plastic?

Are there other possible conductive impurities that might account for this,
that might result in a reaction producing metal to appear on failure?

I have noticed that I have experienced no such failures on any coil that
isn't wound around pvc pipe.

Before i retired back in '00 I know utility companies were experimenting with embedding wire and other metal in PVC supply pipes so that they could be located after burial with metal detectors. At that time, it was special order pipe, I don't know if it became widespread, standard, or not.

Matt D.