Re: Non Conductive Fasteners?

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 3/2/06 2:06:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hello All,

Does anyone know of a source for fasteners made of perhaps fiberglass
or other rigid, non conductive material. Nylon seems sort of flimsy
for heavy HV conductive blocks, etc. that need isolation and strength
of attachment. Yet nylon is all I can find locally and with some goggling.

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora

Jim,

I bought some phenolic (G-8?) type screws (1/4-20) one time at a hamfest.
I should have bought more of them.  I used some on my TT-42 coil.
They look nice too.  Not sure how strong they really are.

John