Re: How To Measure NST Coupling

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hallo Barton,

> Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> > measured turns ratio is 101.64
>>
>>to _measure_ turns ratio you must unwind both pri and sec, and
>>even in that case the turns ratio can be integer only % )

> Yes, but unwinding my tranny isn't going to happen. For myself, the
> turns ratio is input over output under load.

that`s _calculated_, not _measured turns_ ratio : ) just kidding,
forget it : )

> I am considering your coupling method for a comparison. With your
> method, a second high voltage supply is required (which is why I
> selected the other method).

i though you have more than one nst. anyway - it seems that my
method is simple for transformers with not too high voltages and
relatively large current, then you even don`t need a voltage divider -
only hv resistance of known value and microammeter.
btw - try to measure the coupling of your piggy at full rated voltage
with previous method : D

-----
Let the bass kick! =:-D