Re: Public service announcement stuff :-)

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Another good service is freecycle.org. It's a
listserver which is area specific, and allows you to
post the things you either want, or want to get rid
of. The idea is to keep stuff out of landfills. All
items must be free. It could be a way of finding dead
microwaves or welders. While I don't propose using
them to dispose of your beaker full of mercury, there
are many chemicals which have legitimate uses, such as
muriatic acid, which can be used in swimming pools or
to clean concrete and mortar. Probably better to use
it than simply dispose of it. Especially since the
environmental impact isn't just in using or disposing
of something, it also includes manufacturing it to
begin with.

Adam