Re: I'm a newbie coiler!- apartment coiling

At 04:22 PM 3/15/2006, Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gerry,

I suspect that, since the bases of the twin coils are normally connected together, they should remain synchronized via this connection. When the bottom current is exiting the base of one secondary, a significant portion (or even all of the current if you run with the common base connection ungrounded) will be going into the base of the other resonator. The current flows into and out of the bases should help to keep the coils in sync (~180 degrees out of phase) even after the primary circuit has quenched...

Sure.. limited only by the coupling factor of the coils. If the coupling factor was, say, 0.4, though, there could be a deviation, since the current in the primary is 0.6 from the primary and 0.4 from the secondary.

I'll bet you could use Antonio's coupled resonator codes to analyze this.. It's just another topology of a triple resonator system.