Re: LTR, STR ?

Original poster: Shad <shenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

David nailed that one on the head.

However, I've found in my pig-coiling experience that an LTR capacitor
on a pole pig, when the ballast is set to allow LTR operation, gives
longer sparks than an STR capacitor at the same power setting.

Increasing the power to the pig of course increases sparklength, but
moving to LTR operation for a set amount of power almost always
increases the spark length for a pig powered coil.

An LTR cap bank for a pole pig is pretty pricey, but in my opinion, well
worth the money.  You can always change to an async spark gap, and crank
up the power so the cap is at STR levels.

For NST based coils, an LTR MMC is *the* way to go.

Also, check out the Terry Filters.  They'll save your NST.

Shad H.