Re: Aluminum Sphere for sale

Original poster: "Thomas Coyle" <zxcasd@xxxxxxxxx>

For what it's worth, I paid $14 each for 12-inch-diameter stainless bowls from Ikea that I plan to weld into a sphere... um, sorry, to be absolutely accurate, it'd be an oblate sphereoid with 3" diameter flattened poles, for you mathematical ANALysts... so, about $30 with tax for a foot-(major)diameter sphere(oid).

If I'd seen the auction sooner, I would have bought it, sanded down the rim, welded it back together, and sanded and polished it again to make it smooth, as I plan to do with the bowls. Seems a good deal for the price, if you're willing to put in a little elbow grease and have a TIG welder and belt sander laying around.