Re: NST's shorting out.

Hi Martin,

Just to add to Terry's post.

MMC's have a magic quality to them. The situation you found yourself in is a perfect example. Prior to MMC's, caps were the #1 hardest component to come by (seriously). Transformers have since taken their place, but only because MMC's are now common place. MMC's can be hashed out into any cap value you require. That is the major advantage that is often not realized. It's the same thing you were thinking previously (using the caps you had around to arrive at a possible workable value). MMC's are no different. With the MMC 942 style caps, you can build any cap value you chose. Just keep in mind that cost goes up with the quantity of caps. So try to squeeze out your options using one of the MMC charts Terry selected.

I also have the JavaMMC calculator at my website which may assist
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javammc/javammc.html.

It's a basic calculator, but it may help hone in on what you want if you choose to seek out an MMC solution (which is the best advice I've heard for your situation).

Dr. Resonance is my recommendation as the person to buy these caps from. He's helped a great deal of people on the TCML over my past 10 years with various components which would otherwise be difficult to come by. His generosity of making available to this community these types of components is nothing less than a blessing to the TCML.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi Martin,