Re: expresspcb

Hi Curt,

You might also want to consider a cheaper solution. Get a piece of scrap 1/8 thick acrylic from your plastic supplier and make your own "pc board". This is what I did and by careful placing of the components, you can use their leads to make the circuit connection on the back side. You can use the paper backing to sketch out your component placement and where you want the holes drilled for their mounting. It looks very professional too and you end up with a very good HV dialectric. The following link is a picture of my version, although, it does need dusting:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/GerryReynolds/15KV_120ma_SRSG/tc12_terry_filter.jpg

Gerry R.

Not a bad idea Curt. Cost is proportional to board size and the spacing required would make it expensive. A possible solution to keeping the board at minimal cost (small) while also enhancing the spacing requirements is to make a single side only (single side of the Terry Filter), then just use 2. This would eliminate unused board space between components and would also allow for individual mounting (spacing is then set by proximity of the 2 boards and easily managed by your own mounting and placement).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Does anyone have any experience with building a NST
protection filter on a printed circuit board?  I just
became aware of http://www.expresspcb.com and thought
maybe I'd give it a try.  Seems as though the HV
wouldn't be a problem if you kept it single layer and
allowed adequate spacing.

Thoughts?

Curt.