Faraday cage and topload: Are we after "bigger", or "more capacitance" with toploads?

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Having now reached the point where my small coils are
beginning to tangle with other things in my garage,
and being not yet willing to run my coils outside (I'm
regrettably not too fond of my immediate neighbors
right now), I'm contemplating building a small faraday
cage in my garage (probably 8x8x8-foot).  It has
occurred to me, however, that this would tend to
increase the capacitance of my "topload", yes?  If so,
and given that several folks have recently espoused
the opinion that "bigger is better" when it comes to
toploads, I am made to wonder:  Does "bigger" in this
context refer to physical size, or capacitance?  If
the latter, would not operating a coil in a faraday
cage of relatively small size partially compensate for
the use of a physically-small topload?

Just curious.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE