Re: Streamer Color

Original poster: "Bob (R.A.) Jones" <a1accounting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I agree that white balance on the camera can change the perceived color.

What I thought the key question was is why the color change between top and
bottom.

On closer inspection the bottom has a back ground of purple more defuse
sparks
giving the impression/illusion the bottom half of the white sparks that
extend to the top are purple.
Does anybody else see that?

As side note:  given the spectral pass of the color filters in a camera are
fixed (for most cameras an amateur would have), what if any white balance
setting is natural. i.e. just outputs the intensities of the color pixels.

Bob

> Hi,
> I assume you using a digital camera? I have seen this affect before
> with my digital camera.  The camera in total darkness does not detect
> enough light to set the
> white balance properly or the light is not what the camera interprets.
> The sparks come out looking brownish.  You have brownish and blueish
> sparks above.  I am not sure why you have both.  Maybe the blue

snip