Re: Streamer Color

Original poster: Jeff Larson <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dan,
I have shot the photos in raw but with the WB in auto mode and played with WB in software. It seems that the spark color is more natural when I set the WB to about 4500K.
Tungsten seems to be to low.  Too blue.
But, Dan you find that tungsten setting works best?

Of course we all realize that our monitors maybe adjusted differently displaying vastly different variations of colors.

Jeff

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Jeff,

There are a variety of ways to improve color balance when shooting the
digital camera in the dark.

1.  Change color balance to TUNGSTEN.  This will help a lot.

2.  Shoot RAW.  When you shoot RAW, no processing (white balance,
etc...) is done on the image.  You can then adjust white balance when
you convert from RAW to JPG or TIFF etc...

Dan

I don't see any brown...but yes, it's a digital
camera, a Canon EOS Digital Rebel shooting a
five-second exposure.  A shorter exposure exhibits
much less of this "color change":

http://silicon-arcana.com/TC1/IMG_3286.JPG

Really, none of this looks quite like it does to a
human eye, especially the streamers into air.  They're
nearly invisible in the photos, but quite visible in
person!

Take care,
Aaron, N7OE

http://www.tb3.com/tesla/ratcb2005/pages/IMG_4707.html