Re: High Power SRSGs

Hi Gerry,

Adding the 2 additional gaps would help divide up the power dissipation in the stationary's, but gap spacing would need to be cut in half to spread the total gap spacing among the 4 gaps. That is limiting factor there. As long as that is possible with your setup, I think it would work (or go to larger stationarys keeping the 2 gap setup).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Hi All,

The SRSG I built for my NST farm (15KV 120ma) has two static and 4 flying electrodes and arcs thru two gaps. The 8 inch diameter disc runs at 1800rpm (120pps) and the four flying electrodes are all electrically connected together and rotate on a 6.5 inch diameter circle . I have noticed that at the 2KW level, I might be seeing the beginnings of power arcing.

Question: for higher power levels it is certainly beneficial to go to a larger disc, but is it also beneficial to have four stationary electrodes and arc thru 4 gaps??

Gerry R.