SRSG questions

Original poster: ben eells <squeels2171@xxxxxxxxx>

I'm trying to build a SRSG for my next coil and I've got a few questions. I've found from others examples that I need an 1800 or 3600 RPM synchronous motor. I called our local motor store and they assured me they had a 1/3 hp 1800 RPM synchronous motor. I went to go buy this motor and found that the stamp on the casing says 1725 RPM's. The sales person said it was a synchronous motor built with an outer coil with spinning bars on the inside as opposed to the 2 coil system, so it appears he knows what he's talking about. My question is could I use this motor for a SRSG? My next question is what is G10 and where can I get it? Apparently everyone uses it for their disc but I've never even heard of it. Finally, I noticed the recent post on power arcing of SRSG's but I don't know what power arcing is. Could someone explain please? As always I appreciate the help.