coilform size and AWG wire wize

On the 4 inch ID PVC coils we run #28 AWG 150 degree C. wire with good success. I've also run 30 AWG but this is only necessary if running a 9 kV 30 mA xmfr as opposed to a 12 kV 30 mA xmfr. With 60 mA available current I usually run a 6 inch ID PVC coilform for good output.

John Freau's toroids work great on most all 30 mA coils. I usually run a 20 x 5 when going up to 60 mA and 6 inch dia. coilform.

Dr. Resonance