Re: Setting up a pole pig's wiring

Here's a little document that may help. I pulled it off the internet and put it up in a temporary directory.

http://www.classictesla.com/temp/TransfPol.pdf

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

There is only one primary (HV) coil and two secondary
(LV) coils. Perhaps the confusion is that we run them
backwards, so the pig's primary is our secondary.

http://www.hot-streamer.com/adam/garage/pig_14.4kV_25kVA_3.jpg

If it helps, the two secondary coils may be connected
either in parallel or in series, by moving a switch on
the side of the pig, for use on either 7,200 or 14,400
volts. The only connection to the core is an optional
grounding strap, that connects the neutral bushing to
the case. I don't use that. The primary isn't
connected to anything. I run it with one bushing
grounded.

Adam