Re: Defibrillator

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Possibly, but an automated defib unit will set you back what most people spend on their hobby in a couple of years. It still requires someone else to use it. I am not sure if we really know how much electrocution is due to persisting VF after removal of the HV source rather than asystole, major burns or prolonged respiratory arrest due to sustained application. Asystole (electrical standstill) will generally recover itself once the current is removed and this will usually occur with DC greater than 200mA across the chest whereas VF occurs between 100mA to 200mA very roughly and tends not to recover spontaneously unless it is clamped down into asystole with a further DC/Bipolar shock. I have several functioning non-automated unipolar defibs but don't bother keeping one on. Perhaps I should...
Peter  http://tesladownunder.com

I am wonder if a defib would be a worthwhile safety addition in our trade. Fire extinguishers and at times HV gloves and bang sticks are worth while. I don't recall anyone mentioning a defibrillator on hand.
.... Regards,
Jim Mora