Re: Clear Coat for Secondaries ? ? ?

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Dolph's AC-43 was formulated just for magnet wire coating and sealing. It works great and has superior RF anti-tracking properties. www.dolphs.com

Dr. Resonance

Scott Hanson borrowed me a coil that has a beautiful clear coating on it! I got some of the "EnviroTex Lite" for my next coil but have not tried it yet. It should be available at any craft store and many hardware stores.:

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm

http://www.eti-usa.com/wheretobuy/consum.html

It is a two part epoxy that is used for thick coating such as bar tables. Slowly turn the coil while it cures. It is not supposed to smell bad so you can do it inside where dust is low.

Cheers,

        Terry