Re: Clear Coat for Secondaries ? ? ?

Hi Dan,

I used polyurethane on my 8 inch coil with acrylic tube. I shellac'd it before winding and then put about 6 coats of polyurethane on top of the winding. Coil is two years old now and no sign of yellowing nor flaking.

Gerry R

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Can someone recommend a good clear coat for secondary coils that looks
aestetically good.  This will be used for a secondary coil wound on
clear acrylic tubing.  The standard polyurethane is no good since it
dries yellow and flakes.  Perhaps a two-part epoxy?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
Dan
http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com