SISG MOT system ballasting question?

Hi,

I have been working on collecting parts for the 280W SISG system. Tons of parts come in tomorrow.

But I am a little "stuck" on "how" to ballast the MOTs. It is a dual MOT full bridge rectifier. The MOTS charge a 150nF cap to 5600V at 120 BPS.

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/SISG-MOT-System.gif

My brain is sort of fried at this point and I never have played with ballasted systems before... It is run off a variac so there is room to play... I was going to model it and all, but fighting the models will take hours... Maybe someone just knows the value of inductor or resistor it needs? *:-))

I got the "parts" to make anything...

The SISG will fire at 5600 volts, so I need to recharge the 150nF cap at 120BPS for 282 watts of fun ;-)

I was going to figure it out tomorrow morning but the county ran an earth mover into a fence... So I will be in the mountains tomorrow stretching wire...

Cheers,

	Terry