Re: Continuously variable primary

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

I'll prevail on Terry to re-post http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TCHTUNE.JPG, embellished a bit from yesterday. I've added stiffening flanges on the contact-carrier and springs to provide contact pressure. Plus, a few misc. other changes (including a color change from the inadvertent yellow: to get it into jpg I have to screen-save in pcx, then invert all the colors, then save to jpg in the new colors).

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/TCHTUNE1.JPG

I plan to use clear polycarbonate for the "near" and "far" disks. Will look nice inside the clear bucket, with the secondary off. I'll run the thing with a small on-axis reversible gear-motor so I can tune it "hot".

KCH

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

I'll post on hot-streamer/temp a mostly-complete drawing [SNIPPED]