Re: Continuously variable primary

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

A continuously moving contact system may consist of metal parts which will remove energy from the coils primary magnetic field --- energy that would be serve performance if coupled into the sec inductor. This system would have to be made entirely of plastic to work effectively. The magnetic field is symmetrical and energy sweeps downward as well as upward as it couples into the base of the secondary inductor where it forms a traveling wave and travels upward at approx 0.96c.

Dr. Resonance

Hi Tim:

I've not given any significant thought to the specific mechanism used to
elevate one of the primary coils.  I only meant to point out that such a
mechanism which involves no moving electrical contacts would be easier
to construct than one that continuously makes contact with a spiral
coil.  Yes - armchair coiling is easy ;-)

Regards, Gary Lau