Introduction - New TC

Original poster: Tesla Coil list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

ok...let's try this again...thanks for the help Chip....anyways

Hi all, been lurking in the archives for a few weeks and finally joined
the list.....just wanted to say hello, introduce myself...

My name is Doug, I'm a recovering EECE expat. at UNM, now focusing on a
BFA in art studio (photography and jewelry)....
got my amature lic about 10 years ago, KC5QFV, innactive, but I'm on
lists for disaster stuff....

I got turned on to pupman from The Geek Group and Google searches for
Tesla stuff..... that's what I'm doing right now, building my first
coil. Currently my coil is:

12kv/30ma NST

4.5" PVC form coil, #26 wire, ~960 turns

2x 50' spools of 1/4" copper tubing (planning to solder them together
if I have to, for the primary coil)

32x CDE 942C 2kv 0.15uF caps on order from Rell (lady on the phone said
they were the last ones they were getting, ever???)

8' of 4" dryer duct and Al tape.

.... so besides a SG and a filter.... what am I missing?  I was planning
to make a toroid from dryer duct, but it looks like there's someone here
who sells spun toroids, I might have to go that route.  Sizes? Current
prices?

You can find pictures of all my HV stuff at
http://www.greymatter.org/tesla/   I'm especially proud of the jaccobs
ladder pics.

Anyways, hello everyone... expect more questions soon :)

-Doug