From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:43 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Needed: two MOV's

Original poster: Bert Pool <lightnin_dude@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm helping a novice coiler here in Texas, who is building a Tesla
coil.  He built his first coil over 40 years ago, so you can imagine
the changes in design from then to now!  For this new coil, he has
constructed a regular MMC.  He also built a Terry Filter to protect
his 12 kV, 60 ma neon tranny.  Unfortunately, he used 12 MOV's in his
Terry Filter instead of the 14 he really needed.  He's finding it
hard to locate the two needed MOV's - apparently Digikey, etc. are
temporarily out.

Can someone here sell me a couple of these MOV's (or equivalent) so
he can get this coil fired up, please?

Here are the specs:

 > > PANASONIC "ZNR" Transient/Surge Absorbers [Type D and E]; Type
 > > D/Series V/ Max.: 1000 VAC/1465DC/
 > > Varistor V @ 10%: 1800; Max Clamp Voltage @ 10% VcV 2970/ ip(A)
 > > 25; Surge Current 2500.

Thanks,