Re: Some Video fun from The Geek Group

Original poster: Callum Brieske <callum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hmm,
I might have to do some tests myself, I've got one or two, (Maybe 40?) PC's in the shed, I shall see what happens.

-Callum Brieske
callum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello all,
Does anyone remember a post WAY back in the day of a teslathon where *direct* strikes to a computer were tested? I seem to remember that the machine under test was fine (except for a few reboots) until the groung prong on the plug was cut..

Thas had to have been *years* ago.. there was video of the test.. I just can't remember when or who..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson"

Agreed. I was disciplined at simply unplugging
the pc and never had problems. But, as time went
on, I got lazy. And then I installed an old pc in
the garage on my workbench (not my normally used
pc, it was still in the den). However, did some
slow bps testing on a decent sized coil and ended
up frying the sound card, not on the pc in the
garage with the coil, but the the pc in the den.
One never really knows what goofy things will occur. Best to unplug to be safe.

Of course, I have stereos, CB, etc.. in the
garage as well, and those items are still alive.

Take care,
Bart