Coating the SISG PIRANHA secondary

Well... I guess folks thought the saran wrap (actually "packing wrap") secondary coating sucked :-P

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/Complete-2.JPG

That plastic wrap is super cool in that it provides great protection even if it fire arcs through!!! It is also a very simple "fast coating" that can be repaired and removed at a whim...

You don't really notice it when the sparks go flying!!...

But due to "popular demand"... I coated it today ;-))

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PB110385.JPG

Very simple... I just have a 10 RPM AC little motor off Digikey and a few {"adaptors" "torn out" with a drill press...

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PB110391.JPG

The assembly "floats" a bit since the angles were not drilled very well :O))) But it basically turns the secondary at 10 RPM without fail....

I just coated it with Envirotex:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/PIRANHA-2/PB110386.JPG

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm

A two part epoxy "pretty coating" material available everywhere. You just "pour" it on in a very "thin stream" to make a sort of criss cross pattern that does not just dump off to the floor. A foam brush back and forth smoothes the coating lengthwise... It has a long work time so you can get it all distributed well... Be sure to coat what ever is under with plastic or paper since "drips" are very plentiful!!

It might make a few big bubbles in a little while but a "breath" of CO2 breaks them no matter what Scott says :O)) Don't go picking at it much since the stuff is made to level out and fix boo boos over the next like 6 hours...

I have a small exit fan for air in the room but the smell is very super low... At about three hours it peaks since I think they use a release agent for the epoxy to delay curing. Sort of a wet newspaper/epoxy curing smell... Not "bad"...

Right now it is looking real pretty!!!! the more I use the Envirotex lite, the more I like it ;-)))

http://www.eti-usa.com/consum/envtex/envlite.htm

Cheers,

	Terry