Re: A prospective s.s.t.c. input-synchronizer

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Here's a revision to my http://hot-streamer/temp/tch-synctest.jpg , at
http://hot-streamer/temp/tch-synctest2.jpg. I noticed that I could combine 4 of the diodes into a single bridge-rectifier. Q1 again clamps itself on at ~6V (with 10A passing thru it in the simulation) and the mean (i.e. average) current out of I1 is still very low.

With no current from I1, the Q1-gate node is high-impedance, allowing
the oscillator to free-run.  With current, the oscillator becomes merely
an amplifier.  And under any condition Q1's gate:source voltage can
never exceed ~+6 or ~-1.4.

With only 3 components (not counting the oscillator) this would seem to
be a handy current-to-(near)-logic-level-voltage converter.

KCH